Quality Assurance & Environmental Policies
Concrete technological capabilities demanded by the world.
New High-Quality, High-Efficiency "Total Assembly" Production System.TOA's "total assembly" production system helps us more efficiently produce our wide range of products while maintaining the highest quality. In this system, several workers form a work station, and each station completes the entire assembly of their assigned product, taking responsibility for all production processes, from parts purchasing to the supply of the finished product. This has resulted in a significant increase in product precision, greatly minimized waste and heightened production efficiency, while increasing the speed with which our products can be shipped to market.
Quality And Vision Recognized Around The World.
TOA has received certification under ISO9001 international standards for quality assurance, in recognition of TOA's establishment of a total quality control system for manufacturing activities ranging from product planning to development, production, installation and after-sales service. Moreover, TOA has been focusing on protecting the Earth's environment as one of its key management themes, and actively promotes the development of technologies and products that reduce our impact on the earth. As a result of these efforts, TOA has also received ISO14001 certification, the international standards for environmental management systems. Further, TOA has achieved Level 2 of the CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) international index for businesses involved with railway vehicles, which evaluates software development processes to ascertain the degree of capability attained. Continuous efforts are being made to improve our development capabilities and quality.
Prudent System For Quality Maintenance.
To ensure the confident, long-term use of its products, TOA has established a well-organized customer support system, including an Information Center. These facilities are always prepared to quickly respond to all technical questions and provide consultations on acoustics and sound, as well as to answer inquiries about our products. All comments and suggestions received are studied and passed on to corresponding departments as a means of ensuring better products in the future.
TOA's Quality Policy
Total Customer Satisfaction In All Our ProductsSo that customers can use our products with total confidence and satisfaction, we work to produce reliable, high-quality products. Every person in TOA carries out his or her role with complete sincerity and honesty. Quality is our company's life blood, and its driving force.
TOA Basic Procurement PoliciesTOA Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "We" or "we") conducts its procurement activities based on the following Basic Procurement Policies.
- Compliance with laws and regulations, etc.
- Fair and honest transactions
- Building of mutual trust
About our specific efforts
- When engaging in procurement activities, we comply with the related regulations and follow social norms.
- In our response to conflict minerals*, we are promoting efforts for ending the use of conflict minerals that are a source of funds for armed groups.
- When selecting our trading partners, we open our doors widely to select them fairly, and we conduct faithful transactions based on contracts.
- In our relationships with our trading partners, we endeavor to maintain and improve mutual understanding and relationships of trust, and aim for relationships in which we can grow and develop together.
- In order to give consideration to the environment, we promote environmental conservation activities and conduct our activities in accordance with our Environmental Principles .
- At our Takarazuka headquarters TOA pursues the development and design of technologies and products, and throughout these activities we endeavor always to correctly assess their environmental impact. At the same time, we also set further environmental objectives and targets within the parameters of our technical and economic capacities, implement these in a planned manner, and remain committed to continual improvement of our environmental protection efforts in general.
- TOA considers any and all measures that might be taken to lighten the environmental impact of our products at all stages of their lifecycles, including technology and product development and design, manufacturing processes, product distribution, product use, and product post-use disposal.
- TOA establishes an environmental protection system designed to promote environmental protection and improvement and prevention of pollution activities that are economical, effective, and permanent.
- As a member of the communities in each of the regions where we do business, TOA actively cooperates in efforts to save resources and energy and reduce industrial waste.
- TOA endeavors to preserve the environment both through compliance with established environmental laws, regulations and other agreements, and by voluntarily establishing our own in-house environment-related regulations as needed.
- TOA pursues environment-related educational and promotional activities and endeavors to ensure that all members of the TOA staff have a clear and constantly improving understanding of the "TOA Fundamental Environmental Philosophy" and the "Environmental Policy."
- Information on environmental technologies and products and environmental management implementation are made public as necessary.
What is Proposition 65?
The State of California enacted California’s Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, better known as Proposition 65 (Prop 65) for addressing California consumers’ concerns over possible exposure to toxic chemicals. Prop 65 requires the State of California to maintain a list of chemicals believed by the State to cause cancer or reproductive harm at certain levels of exposure. That list has grown to around 900 substances. If a product contains any of these chemicals, a warning label may be required.
Note that Prop 65 is a “right to know” law that advises if certain chemicals are present; it does not ban or prohibit use of any of the 900 listed chemicals. Many of the chemicals on the list (such as Vitamin A, testosterone and estrogen) are necessary to human life but can have deleterious effects at certain exposure levels.
Prop 65 requires businesses with 10 or more employees to provide a “clear and reasonable warning” before exposing individuals in California to the regulated chemicals.
How TOA Electronics, Inc. Reacts?
To meet this requirement, TOA Electronics, Inc., a subsidiary company of TOA Corporation headquartered in Japan carries an approved short-form Prop 65 warning on our products, regardless of where they might be sold. We do this out of an abundance of caution and to ensure compliance with the complex Prop 65 notice requirements.
We are committed to providing safe products and believe we do so. Our products are designed to meet or exceed all applicable laws regulating product safety and content. This includes our internal Environmental Quality Standard which is designed to satisfy the European Union’s Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive, which applies specifically to the electronics industry.
To learn more about Prop 65, please visit the website of the California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA): https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65.