The PW-1230DB/DW/SB/SW Plane Wave Speakers features a flat speaker system equipped with "plane wave" units, realizing a narrow directivity pattern by radiating sound from a plane source. Since the Plane Wave Speaker can deliver sound toward a confined target area, it is suited for use in locations such as station platforms and escalator areas that require the broadcast of information announcements, and also in such spaces as museums and art galleries where the reverberation time can be long. A double-sided version radiates sound both backward and forward.
SPV Software and EASE Data
- Narrow Directivity
- Speaker audio is less affected by reflected sounds from ceiling and floor, ensuring clear audio delivery even in areas with poor acoustic conditions, such as a long reverberation time.
- Splash-proof Construction
- Compliant with IPX4 (IEC60529) water protection standards, the speaker is suitable for use in a covered outdoor space protected from the elements.
- Rust Resistance
- The plane wave unit's metal parts and the speaker cabinet are made of stainless steel, making the speaker rust-resistant.
- Beam-tilting Function
- A built-in beam-tilting function makes it possible to shift sound radiation direction about five degrees downward of the horizontal axis.
- Built-in High-pass Filter
- This filter prevents low-frequency sound radiation outside the coverage area.
- Variety of Unit Numbers, Audio Radiation Patterns and Color Variations
- Speakers are available in both compact (with two plane wave units) and large (with four plane wave units) sizes, double-sided (backward & forward) and single-sided (forward) radiation, and black or light ivory color variations.